UNIFORM FIRE SAFETY STANDARDS FOR PUBLIC FOOD SERVICE ESTABLISHMENTS
69A-55.005Standards of the National Fire Protection Association Adopted.
These rules comprising Rule Chapter 69A-55, F.A.C., shall be known as the “Uniform Fire Safety Standards for Public Food Service Establishments.”
Specific Authority 633.01 FS. Law Implemented 633.01, 633.022 FS. History–New 9-3-90, Formerly 4A-55.001.
(1) The purpose of this rule chapter is to establish uniform requirements to provide a reasonable degree of safety from fire in buildings, structures or premises used as correctional facilities.
(2) These rules try to avoid requirements which might result in unreasonable hardships, or unnecessary inconveniences or interference with the normal use and occupancy of a public food service establishment, but at the same time insist upon compliance with uniform standards for fire safety consistent with the public interest, even though a financial hardship may result in some individual cases.
Specific Authority 633.01, 633.022(1)(b) FS. Law Implemented 633.01(1), 633.022(1)(b) FS. History–New 9-3-90, Amended 7-11-01, Formerly 4A-55.002.
(1) These rules are concerned with life safety during fires and similar emergencies. They address particular matters such as devices, systems installations, protection, and occupancy of buildings to try to minimize danger to life from fire, smoke, fumes or panic before buildings, structures or premises are vacated.
(2) These rules apply to both new and existing public food service establishments.
Specific Authority 633.01, 633.022(1)(b) FS. Law Implemented 633.01(1), 633.022(1)(b) FS. History–New 9-3-90, Amended 7-11-01, Formerly 4A-55.003.
69A-55.005 Standards of the National Fire Protection Association Adopted.
(1) The standards of the National Fire Protection Association for life safety from fire, as provided in NFPA 101, Life Safety Code, as adopted in Rule 69A-3.012, F.A.C., and incorporated herein by reference shall be the Uniform Fire Safety Standards for Public Food Service Establishments.
(2) Buildings or structures which are constructed to compliment other operations associated with public food service establishments shall comply with the applicable requirements of NFPA 101, Life Safety Code, referenced in subsection (1) above.
Specific Authority 633.01 FS. Law Implemented 633.01, 633.022 FS. History–New 9-3-90, Formerly 4A-55.005.